We’re looking for talented progressives who are passionate about digital organizing and taking up the fight to protect our democracy.
Stand Up America is a progressive, digital-first advocacy organization with 2 million grassroots members who are working to stand up to corruption and build a more representative democracy. We’re fighting for democracy reforms at the local, state, and federal level that would expand voting rights, reduce the impact of big money in our politics, and end structural barriers that conservatives have built to impede progressive change. Our members have driven more than a million constituent calls to their representatives, mobilized tens of thousands of protestors, contacted tens of millions of voters, and helped pass bold democracy reforms at the state and federal levels.
We envision a democracy where:
- Every American has representation, regardless of where they live, what they look like, or how they identify.
- Racist barriers to the ballot are torn down and voting rights are expanded to ensure that voting is accessible, secure, and treated as the sacred right that it is.
- Americans from all walks of life can run for office and win based on the power of their ideas, voice, and experience — not on how much money they can raise from themselves or wealthy donors.
- Our government is responsive to the will of the American people — and will finally take bold action on the pressing issues facing our nation, from gun violence and climate change to immigration reform and racial & economic justice.
The work we do matters. That’s why Stand Up America is focused on using data to help us do our work as effectively and efficiently as possible. Our data team was integral in helping us contact over 25 million voters in 2020 and drive 1.6 million calls to lawmakers, and provides insights to help fuel our robust advocacy efforts towards building a more just and equitable democracy. We are seeking a data & advertising strategist to help support our team’s exciting work.
- Manage and optimize pixeling and conversions for our digital paid acquisition program that both drives action and effectively builds a community of activists dedicated to defending our democracy.
- Help build reports and dashboards on our digital program that monitor progress toward advocacy, electoral, and digital goals, data which helps us reflect on our program’s performance and make decisions about how we continue to grow and engage our community of highly motivated activists.
- Help project manage data and technology projects and pull ad hoc data as needed to support our overall program.
- As needed, provide support with setting up and monitoring digital ads.
- 2+ years of experience with programming languages like SQL or Python, tools like Google Analytics or Facebook Ads Manager, or software programs like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, preferably analyzing direct response marketing programs.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new things, especially as the progressive data technology ecosystem continues to evolve over time.
- Strong attention to detail, as the reports and dashboards created will help guide strategic decisions for our program
- Experience working with progressive infrastructure, including tools like Civis, ActionKit, EveryAction, ThruTalk, Spoke or Hustle (just to name a few).
- Ability to manage tasks and deadlines effectively.
- Passion about voting rights, reducing the influence of big money in our elections, and strengthening our democracy.
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Stand Up America’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is key to our mission of building a more representative democracy and reforming a political system that has given white, wealthy Americans a louder voice and more power than Black, Indigenous, and people of color for far too long.
Salary & Benefits
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, including 100% subsidy of monthly premiums
- SIMPLE IRA with matching of employee contributions up to 3% of salary
- 3 weeks flexible paid time off per calendar year, plus an additional week in December, for a total of 4 weeks per year
- Additional paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual professional development stipend
- Computer and accessories for at-home and in-office work
- A fun work environment with colleagues who are respectful of one another and passionate about their work.
Salary range: $65,000 – $75,000 annually, commensurate with experience.