We’re often looking for talented progressives who are passionate about digital organizing and taking up the fight to protect our democracy.
Stand Up America is a progressive, digital-first advocacy organization with nearly 2 million grassroots members who are working to stand up to corruption and build a more representative democracy. We’re fighting for democracy reforms at the local, state, and federal level that would expand voting rights, reduce the impact of big money in our politics, and end structural barriers that conservatives have built to impede progressive change. Our members have driven more than 1.7 million constituent calls to their representatives, mobilized tens of thousands of protestors, contacted tens of millions of voters, and helped pass bold democracy reforms at the state and federal levels.
We envision a democracy where:
- Every American has representation, regardless of where they live, what they look like, or how they identify.
- Racist barriers to the ballot are torn down and voting rights are expanded to ensure that voting is accessible, secure, and treated as the sacred right that it is.
- Americans from all walks of life can run for office and win based on the power of their ideas, voice, and experience—not on how much money they can raise from themselves or wealthy donors.
- Our government is responsive to the will of the American people—and will finally take bold action on the pressing issues facing our nation, from gun violence and climate change to immigration reform and racial & economic justice.
Reporting to the SMS and Organizing Director, the Digital Organizer will join a 14-person digital team focused on demanding the democracy we deserve.
In this role, you will be drafting and producing content for our highly-impactful broadcast SMS program, organizing volunteers, and running digital volunteer campaigns, like peer to peer texting. This team has helped drive 1.7 million calls to lawmakers, contact tens of millions of voters, and build a virtual volunteer team of 10,000 remote volunteers.
- Draft, review, and send content for our broadcast texting program and organizing team, including SMS copy, peer-to-peer texting scripts, and volunteer events.
- Propose ideas for testing to build upon our best practices.
- Staff remote volunteer events, like peer-to-peer texting and webinars.
- Respond to questions and feedback from our members.
- Pitch creative ideas for ways our community members can take action to achieve our political goals.
- 1-2 years of experience, including time at a nonprofit, political campaign, or agency drafting compelling digital copy.
- Desire to work with volunteers and members.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new digital tools and platforms, voices, and best practices quickly.
- Strong attention to detail, even in a fast-paced campaign environment.
- A commitment to racial equity and justice.
- Passion for voting rights, reducing the influence of big money in our elections, and strengthening our democracy.
- Experience with digital campaign tools, like EveryAction, Scale to Win, Hustle, Mobile Commons, Mobilize, ActionKit, Action Network, and/or Strive.
- A track record of using data and analytics to drive your work.
- Past work on democracy reform.
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer—women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Stand Up America’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is key to our mission of building a more representative democracy and reforming a political system that has given white, wealthy Americans a louder voice and more power than Black, Indigenous, and people of color for far too long.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 annually
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, including 100% subsidy of monthly premiums
- 401(K) retirement plan with automatic employer contribution of 3% of salary
- 3 weeks flexible paid time off per calendar year, plus an additional week in December, for a total of 4 weeks per year, plus additional paid time off with seniority
- Additional paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual professional development and remote work supply stipends
- Reimbursement for coworking space passes
- Computer and accessories for at-home and in-office work
- A fun work environment with colleagues who are respectful of one another and passionate about their work.