Join Our Team
We’re looking for talented progressives who are passionate about digital organizing and taking up the fight to protect our democracy. Take a moment to review the open positions below:
Senior/Social Media Strategist
Stand Up America is a progressive, digital-first advocacy organization with nearly 2 million grassroots members who are working to stand up to corruption and build a more representative democracy. We’re fighting for democracy reforms at the local, state, and federal level that would expand voting rights, reduce the impact of big money in our politics, and end structural barriers that conservatives have built to impede progressive change. Our members have driven more than 1.7 million constituent calls to their representatives, mobilized tens of thousands of protestors, contacted tens of millions of voters, and helped pass bold democracy reforms at the state and federal levels.
We envision a democracy where:
- Every American has representation, regardless of where they live, what they look like, or how they identify.
- Racist barriers to the ballot are torn down and voting rights are expanded to ensure that voting is accessible, secure, and treated as the sacred right that it is.
- Americans from all walks of life can run for office and win based on the power of their ideas, voice, and experience—not on how much money they can raise from themselves or wealthy donors.
- Our government is responsive to the will of the American people—and will finally take bold action on the pressing issues facing our nation, from gun violence and climate change to immigration reform and racial & economic justice.
Our social media team reaches millions of Americans every week. Our Facebook & Instagram pages have some of the highest reach and engagement rates of any progressive organization.
We’re looking for a social media strategist or senior social media strategist (depending on experience) to shape Stand Up America’s voice across our organic social media channels.
- Draft social content that translates topline messaging guidance into calls to action and messaging suitable for audiences on each platform;
- Collaborate with our Creative Director to draft copy for and produce impactful social graphics and video content;
- Curate and lift content from elected officials, partner organizations, and influencers;
- Contribute to the social media content calendar and partnerships to help achieve our advocacy and communications objectives;
- Continue to develop a cohesive brand across multiple social media platforms that aligns with our organizational voice;
- Grow our social media audience and increase its racial and age diversity;
- Work closely with our analytics and data director to optimize strategies and content and increase engagement, and;
- Monitor social media trends and emerging practices, and evaluate and recommend new platforms for adoption.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience for the social strategist role, 3-4 years of experience for the senior social strategist role
- A proven track record of content creation for social media
- Experience working in a fast-paced advocacy or electoral environment
- A deep understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & TikTok
- Passion for voting rights, reducing the influence of big money in our elections, and democracy reform
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with social media listening and analytics tools
- Experience deploying timely content during rapid response scenarios
- Experience drafting and deploying content for influencers, thought leaders, or high-profile personalities
- Experience using social media to drive meaningful actions
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer—women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Stand Up America’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is key to our mission of building a more representative democracy and reforming a political system that has given white, wealthy Americans a louder voice and more power than Black, Indigenous, and people of color for far too long.
For more information about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion internally and in our advocacy efforts, click here.
Salary & Benefits
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, including 100% subsidy of monthly premiums
- 401(K) retirement plan with automatic employer contribution of 3% of salary
- 3 weeks flexible paid time off per calendar year, plus an additional week in December, for a total of 4 weeks per year, plus additional paid time off with seniority
- Additional paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual professional development and remote work supply stipends
- Reimbursement for coworking space passes
- Computer and accessories for at-home and in-office work
- A fun work environment with colleagues who are respectful of one another and passionate about their work.
Social Strategist, $70,000 to 80,000
Senior Social Strategist, $80,000 to 90,000