FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
NEW YORK — After bombshell testimony from Acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor confirmed that Trump used military aid to pressure Ukraine to interfere in our elections, Stand Up America is launching a new, targeted campaign ramping up pressure on House Republicans to demand they support the ongoing impeachment inquiry.
As momentum continues to grow for Trump’s impeachment and with nearly all House Democrats and several House Republicans supporting the impeachment inquiry, Stand Up America’s new push will help mobilize grassroots, constituent-based pressure on key GOP lawmakers, including:
- Rep. Mark Amodei (R-NV)
- Rep. Susan Brooks (R-IN)
- Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA)
- Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX)
- Rep. John Katko (R-NY)
- Rep. Peter King (R-NY)
- Rep. Francis Rooney (R-FL)
- Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX)
- Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ)
- Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY)
- Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI)
“The Trump White House is openly admitting to high crimes without an ounce of shame, including using military aid to pressure Ukraine to interfere in our elections—and yet, most Republicans remain silent,” said Sean Eldridge, Stand Up America’s Founder and President. “It’s time for Republicans in Congress to grow a spine and defend our democracy by supporting the impeachment inquiry, because no one—including Donald Trump—is above the law.”
Having already driven over 180,000 constituent calls to Congress demanding Trump’s impeachment, Stand Up America’s latest efforts include:
- The launch of Impeachment HQ, a joint war room between Stand Up America and Defend the Republic, which provides resources to reporters, pundits, and activists on the ongoing impeachment proceedings
- An SMS program that will educate voters in Republican districts about their representatives’ positions on the impeachment inquiry
- A volunteer-driven, peer-to-peer texting program that will contact hundreds of thousands of voters in dozens of GOP districts using information from the voter file and push them to call their representatives, including Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Will Hurd (R-TX), Chris Smith (R-NJ), and Fred Upton (R-MI)
- Emails and social media updating our community and the public on the impeachment inquiry and driving thousands of additional calls and emails to Congress
- New digital advertisements encouraging Americans across the country to join the Stand Up America community and support the impeachment and removal of Donald Trump
The new campaign follows the success of Impeachment August and Impeach Now, coalition-based campaigns that used innovative digital organizing to drive hundreds of thousands of constituent calls to Congress and coordinated hundreds of grassroots actions across the country.
If you would like to schedule an interview with Sean Eldridge to discuss Stand Up America’s work on impeachment or the latest news, please email Ryan Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
About Stand Up America
Stand Up America is a progressive advocacy organization with over two million community members across the country. Focused on grassroots advocacy to strengthen our democracy and oppose Trump’s corrupt agenda, Stand Up America has driven over 860,000 phone calls to lawmakers and mobilized tens of thousands of protestors across the country.